New equipment in an old construction

Jan 30, 2016
San Fulgencio
New motor and filter was necessary for my 20 years old pool. I had this house and the pool for 2,5 year now - but with water in the pool, only for 2 years - as I repaired the tile joints first...
Now the filter was too old to get spare parts - the top was broken, the motor the same > too old and noisy..

But underneath my filter it was a hole in the cement, with only gravel and stones
. And I do not understand why ???
Can anybody give a good reason for this solution ?
See picture....

It can also be said that the old filter had come out of level, and had already made some problems conc. broken pipes...

Attachments

• IMG_20160130_183347.jpg
    IMG_20160130_183347.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 146
Concrete pad was probably pretty thin, so the vibrations might have cracked it over time. A new concrete pad is a pretty easy project and can be done very cheaply. My suggestion, watch a few youtube videos and make yourself a new pad. Then you can start from scratch with the new equipment.

Concrete pad was probably pretty thin, so the vibrations might have cracked it over time. A new concrete pad is a pretty easy project and can be done very cheaply. My suggestion, watch a few youtube videos and make yourself a new pad. Then you can start from scratch with the new equipment.
Well - maybe so....
But it should not be so much vibrations on the filter....
The motor was still on its own place - with no crack of the concrete pad...... And the motor should have more vibrations (??)

BUT YOUR ADVICE, AS WELL AS I UNDERSTAND, IS THAT THE FILTER SHOULD STAND CONCRETE PAD ?????

In addition, if you're not comfortable with doing your own concrete pad, they make pre-fab pads made of composite material that will support a pump and filter. You can see mine in the "My pool" link from my sig. Just a thought. Regardless, that original set-up of yours looked extremely thin. Not surprised it finally gave out. Best of luck to you.

Well, I followed your recommendations ... I bought some very thick tiles / concrete slabs and filled the hole with concrete - while I also leveled the former concrete. So now I am going to assemble a new filter and motor > and trying to get all the tubes to fit .. Thank you for advice ...IMG_20160204_194345.jpg

Everthing finished - except the pool isn't fill up yet. 60.000 l takes time with low pressure and thin tube...
Every 90 degrees is made by 2x 45 degrees... I hate "hard" 90 degrees.
New ground, new motor, new sand filter with new sand, new shuttlevalve, new water taps and new pipes.
Hope everything works when the water is filled up.

Attachments

• IMG_20160209_190036.jpg
    IMG_20160209_190036.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 64
Nearly everything works fine.... Except for the nozzles (/jets?) nearly blowing out, and the pressure became a little bit too high. I think the new pump was a "little bit" stronger than the old one, (the old one has no readable text). I take away the the nozzles > if you think theese are nessesary, I can make the outlet hole in it bigger.... :confused:
And the new motor became very warm > more than 60 celcius degrees ... I made a complaint to the distributer, but everything was ok... Then I found out the the voltage in my house was 252 volt (>up to 263 v i has mesured!) . Now i'm awaiting that the electricity-company will do something before I start using it... I live in Spain - Manjana manjana........ :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.