Balboa 700 Series - can't get past priming, jets won't come on

May 29, 2012
Hi all, I have an older Blue Ridge Spa with a newer Balboa control system we put in about 7 years ago. This year when I went to start it up, I follow the priming sequence as I've done every year to get the air out, etc. But this year, even thought I've primed it over and over, when it exits priming, the jets will not turn on. Sometimes i get that error (I think SL) which corresponds to my "sensors being out of balance". Any thoughts on how to remedy this? In past years, it's taken a few times to prime, but it's always come out of that mode and the jets have then come on. Before I call a costly repair person, hoping someone here may have some advice....I'm stuck. Thanks!

I am not familiar with that specific tub but problems like this are usually caused by air in the plumbing lines. Sometimes people are successful opening some plumbing unions inside the service panel to bleed the air. Other times the tub has to be drained and refilled through the filter housing to avoid getting air trapped in the plumbing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.