Labeling Suggestions?

zamazing

Jul 18, 2015
Bergen County, NJ
It seems like every year I have to get out to the pool pad with my Permanent marker and write over the faded markings from last year on the PVC pipes. Can anyone suggest a more permanent and professional looking way to label PVC? I'm looking for a label that can survive in direct sunlight as well as make it through the harsh Northeast winters.

I wasn't too clear on my initial post, but I haven't used any form of labels so far. Just hand-written directly on white PVC with a Permanent marker. So I'm looking for a suggestions on a label maker that can generate a good weather-proof label.

I'm a civilian employee of a SoCal police department and work primarily as an upholsterer. However, part of my duties include cutting the vinyl letters, decals and numbers that are placed on police vehicles to identify them from the air. We print or cut various vinyl decals and signs as well. If you can find a small local business that prints or cuts vinyl letters for signs from adhesive backed vinyl goods, they should be able to cut out the letters/wording to to your specifications (i.e. Size, color, specific wording) to enable you identify your rigid plumbing lines for years to come. (Everything dealing with the police has some kind of vinyl decal affixed to it so everyone knows what to do.) Most vinyls will last 5 - 7 years as long as they are applied correctly. It's the same vinyl used to wrap vehicles with advertising or special designs. If you google vinyl plotters or vinyl cutters, there are even some relatively inexpensive machines to purchase for home use. Software that comes with the plotter allows you to use your laptop or desktop computer select font, size and shape. The adhesive backed vinyl comes in sheets or small rolls in a variety of colors. Hope this helps.

A&A makes a set of labels printed on vinyl. You can find them at several online pool supply outlets for less than 10 bucks.
Just google "A&A pool equipment labels"

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for all the suggestions folks. The A&A labels are a great start and should cover about 80% of what I need. I did some research for some of the more customized labels that I'm going to need and came up with the Dymo IND vinyl labels which claim to resist moisture, extreme temperatures, UV light, oil, and chemicals.

Here's a link to the labels:
http://www.dymo.com/en-US/view-all-labels/rhino-ind-labels/rhino-ind-labels/ind-vinyl-labels-1-2-in

and a label printer that work with it (under $40 at Amazon):
http://www.dymo.com/en-US/label-mak...abeling/rhino-industrial-4200-qwy-label-maker

A&A has several different sets that range from about $7 - $25. You should be able to find one that would meet all your needs.

My pool builder left me a set, included with the pool build and at no extra charge.��

I don't think I want to spend $75 or so on a machine and tape for labeling my pool equipment. A $2 sharpie or $10 for a sheet of labels is about my limit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.