decided to do a pool cover and

DMS2014

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Houston, Texas
was wondering who out there has the kind that aren't built in with the pool. We had one company come out and they drill holes and custom fit the cover. Air and water can go through it but it will keep leaves and stuff out. Another company is coming out Saturday to give us a bid.

Do any of you have those types with hooks in the concrete and if so, does it work? Is it hard to roll up?

I've given up. Our neighbors' trees are killing us.

I think they are suggesting more of a permanent cover or winter cover. These are great and serve a good purpose, but definitely not something you want to move around more than a few times a year. Are you looking to keep leaves out between swims or when/if you "shut down" for the winter? There are simple mesh leaf pool covers that are much lighter and easier to use, see link below. It is shown with a winter cover but that isn't required.

Leaf Net Cover for a 12' x 24' Rectangle Swimming Pool - PoolSupplies.com

Katchakid has a product where they drill in so it's flat - nothing to hit your feet on, they custom make it and it's mesh. Keeps the leaves and debris out and it rolls up for storage. I want to put it on all winter. The amount of maintenance I have to do due to our neighbors' trees is ridiculous!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.