Pool renovation Round Rock Texas

Jan 27, 2016
Round Rock/Texas
I started a $20,000 pool renovation on January fourth. I have an inground pool. The renovation included two new skimmers, two new LED lights, deleting the existing fiber optic lights, new tile in the spa, pool, and on the stairs and resurfacing the pool and spa with wet edge polished primera. I have owned the home and pool for 4 months. In addition to the pool renovation I also purchased all new pool equipment including an Iqualink. I am pleased with the pool equipment. The company who installed the pool equipment were wonderful. The company I am using for the pool renovation has done a poor job.

The new LED pool lights were wired to a light post I have in my back yard. They forgot to delete the old fiber optic light fitting. They accidentally covered one of my spa jets. My pool leaked from the old fiber optic hole to the light post and into my back yard for 8 hours before the pool company agreed to come and cap off the fitting. The tile job is poor. I have videos of the pool emptying out through my light post. I have extensive documentation of the renovation.

I am hoping someone is able to guide me in the right direction regarding my consumer rights and where I should start to try to get this pool company to fix their errors. I have attached a few of the photos below. In the first photo you can see the water from the pool gushing out of the lights post. In the second photo you can see an example of the tile issues and in the third photo you see the hole from the old fiber optic light that they forgot to cap off and cover with wet edge. I reached out to the pool company owner. He came to my house for a meeting. It took 56 min to give him all of the information pertaining to the problems involved with the renovation. He claims he will make everything right however he is not taking the steps to make things right. I email and call him roughly 12 times a week. The renovation was completed January 17th. If anyone has any suggestions please reach out to me with your response to my thread. Thank you for your time. Kelly
attachment.php
IMG_7323.jpgIMG_7347.jpgIMG_7361.jpg

Put everything in writing and get everything in writing.

Make a list of the things that need to be fixed and have your PB write and initial what he is going to do to fix each problem.

Hugs and good luck!

Kim

I would go down to the office and ask sternly for the person who is in charge. I would go in prepared with a list of your expectations of what needs to be completed. I would then tell them that they have until the end of the week to send you a schedule of when these items will be repaired. I would tell them that you will not tolerate them missing any of these dates and I would put an expectation that all work will be completed by a certain date and ask them what a reasonable date will be to complete them. Then hold them to those dates! If they miss any of them file a complaint with the BBB. That should get their attention.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.