Filter pressure concern....

Jan 27, 2016
Daytona Beach
We had a in ground pool put in over the summer of '15. All has been well, filter pressure has been 15 psi, automatic vacuum runs great. Over the weekend we had solor panels put on the roof (9 panels) and now our pressure is running at 23. Now I have two concerns... 1. am I going to burn up my pump with the pressure increase? 2. It isn't moving enough water to operate the vacuum, instead of vibrating along the bottom it just floats about 2 inches off the bottom and moves around that way. Unless I turn off the valve to the panels. so I can't have water going through the panels and the vacuum at the same time.

Is this normal?
Do I need to replace a 7 month old pump with a bigger one?
Do I just deal with having to change from panels to vacuum and back?

Also when the valve to the roof is turned off the system starts to drain, you can hear the air bubbles going through the pipe. Is this normal to? installer said there is a pressure valve that makes that happen.

sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure this is done right.

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

The pressure increase is normal and your pump could not care less......it doesn't matter
Unless I turn off the valve to the panels. so I can't have water going through the panels and the vacuum at the same time.
Perhaps you can restrict the flow to the solar and get the cleaner to run.......perhaps not and you will have to do one or the other.......experiment with it.

Solar is designed rto drain when the pumps is off.

InDaytona, I see Dave has already given you some advice. No need to apologize for questions. That's what everyone here is for - to help. :) In addition, (when you get a moment), please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. Nice to have you with us.

Thanks guys I feel better. I was able to make some adjustment and now the vacuum and panels can work together now. It is only a one story house but the piping goes up over two roofs with a flat in the middle. They gave me 9 panels for a pool 15x30 rectangle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.