New pool added salt 4 days after fill!

Jan 27, 2016
Roanoke
New member here, just found this forum & got a little scared after reading some threads. Our pool finished/ plastered pebbletech last week (1/19/16). They acid washed the following day and they began filling it immediately. It finished filling on Saturday morning (1/23/16) (30k gallons) now the shocker is that they added salt this morning (1/27/16) 14 bags! I'm sort of freaked out since curing process is 30 days according to some threads?!?!....suggestions/recommendations please...

e7bb442d6ffa1edb3c636f56d07e98ed.jpg

It's not optimal but your PebbleTek should be fine. It may just mean that your plaster will take longer to cure but, again, it should be fine. The sad fact is, many PBs add salt right away to newly plastered pools in contravention of the NPC Guidelines and, yet, there isn't some huge increase in plaster failures.

Don't sweat it, your pool will survive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

My PB put salt in my pool the day after it was filled and turned on the SWG. I didn't know any better and it turned out fine. At least it is still fine 3-1/2 years later.

If the plaster quality is good, adding salt early is only a minor issue. There should not be any visible problems.

What would be nice is to inform the PB and plasterer about this article and thread on TFP: When Should Salt be Added?

Hopefully they will realize that adding salt too soon is not the best program and provide a better product.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.