Nitro Pool cleaner?

I was wondering the same thing. The price seems too good to be true compared to the others. You could almost get two for the price of some of the favorite brands is this forum. It looks like they have a new version called the wall scrubber. I wonder if the Wall Scrubber does anything the Wall Climber can't do.

I also get the impression that automatic pool cleaners in general are pretty fragile. Sounds like they wear out in two or three years. Is that true? Where I live you are lucky to get 3 months swimming in before it is time to close again. I do have a number of dirty trees around so I probably need to clean more often than the others.

I'm gonna do it. Even if they're less durable, if I can fix it myself without having to ship a heavy machine back for service I think the convenience will be worth it. Probably going to go with the wall climber as opposed to the scrubber. I'm still waiting on a response from the manufacturer to help with that decision, but no luck so far - hopefully thats not a bad sign.

I'll let you know how it works....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just got the Nitro Wall Climber and tried it out for the first time today. Seems to work ok and cover the pool well. Doesn't always climb all the way up to the waterline. There was a good amount of dirt in the fliter bag and some small sticks. I don't have that much debris on the bottom of my pool and it's a dark blue pebbletec so hard to see how dirty or clean it is.

laff66 said:
http://www.PoolSupplyWorld.com/

This is where I ordered mine. It was 519 with an $8 handling fee. I ordered it almost a week ago and havent gotten any communication that it has shipped. Don't know if thats good or bad, but you might want to take that into account...

There's also a $10 coupon if you google for it. Shipping was fast for me.

My Nitro Wall Scrubber arrived this evening. It is in the pool and running now. It has already gotten up several Leaves that my Polaris 360 missed will running all night and day long. I'll come back and give a full review on it in a week or so.

Thanks for this excellent information. The trade off, as I see it, is that the Nitro family is pretty much plastic...that is, the materials are of a lower quality than the more prominent brands, and thus, the price is less. Keep us posted on performance and parts replacements.

As to the durability of APC's, life expectancy should parallel running time. In the case of Polaris and Letro, their lifetimes are limited only by the frame life...everything else is a replaceable part! Actually, even the frames can be "exchanged". You should get two seasons of normal use before you need tires, tail scrubbers, bearings, etc.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.