Anyone have a trick for painting the bull nose pool edge?

Jul 21, 2015
Tempe, Az
All of the crummy old Zip-Strip is out! Hooray!

Aiming to start the degrease, acid etch project this weekend, and maybe try and start painting.

Anyone have a trick for painting the bullnose? I'd like to get the top and rounded edge, down to the tile line. Is this going to be a "lay on your stomach and reach over" manual job? Or has someone got a good trick?

Oh - pool is filled, but 4 or 5 inches below bullnose. But the water is only 45 degrees, so I'm NOT going in there.

All of the crummy old Zip-Strip is out! Hooray!

Aiming to start the degrease, acid etch project this weekend, and maybe try and start painting.

Anyone have a trick for painting the bullnose? I'd like to get the top and rounded edge, down to the tile line. Is this going to be a "lay on your stomach and reach over" manual job? Or has someone got a good trick?

Oh - pool is filled, but 4 or 5 inches below bullnose. But the water is only 45 degrees, so I'm NOT going in there.

I am sure you'll be working on your abs. I am wondering if you can tape lots of bubble wrap to the tile line with the blue painter's tape. The reason I say bubble wrap is it should float and you can get it fairly cheap at walmart in big rolls. That might prevent paint from falling in the water and staining the tile line.

No, no, no I being helpful! REALLY :uhh: hehe

I was thinking maybe you really could figure out a way to use a mirror so you would not have hang your head over the side trying to see the underside. The bonus for us is it WOULD look kind of silly!

Neat and good idea with the bubble wrap. You could also use Styrofoam as it floats as well.

Kim

Gwegan - it was never painted - it's just bare concrete. It's not a "must do" but more of a "cosmetic - I'll like it better painted" deal, and I'm re-painting the entire patio area so this is just a piece of the puzzle. (light sand on the patio, off-white for the coping)

I'm leaning towards the solution of just painting as much as I can now, and coming back in the warmer months and finishing off the underside.

Gwegan - it was never painted - it's just bare concrete. It's not a "must do" but more of a "cosmetic - I'll like it better painted" deal, and I'm re-painting the entire patio area so this is just a piece of the puzzle. (light sand on the patio, off-white for the coping)

I'm leaning towards the solution of just painting as much as I can now, and coming back in the warmer months and finishing off the underside.

If you are doing it in the summer I am picturing you in your swimsuit in the pool with a paint brush and this on your head...
Amazon.com: Red Drinker Beer and Soda Guzzler Helmet (Red): Toys Games

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.