New Build in Katy, TX

TOMMY! What a nice surprise! SWEET! That hottub is as big as some people's pools LOL

Tommy now is time to start bonding with your pool aka watering it. You can use sprinklers to help if you want. How many times a day depends on your weather. I would do at least 2 times a day if not 3 if it get really hot.

Do you have your test kit yet? Ask you PB what kit he is going to give you and let us know so we can have you get what you need if it is not the one we use and like.

Kim:cat:

I can't remember which one, but it was one of the ones recommended here. Unfortunately we are in Dallas for a birthday party, so my project manager is bonding with my pool for me until I get home tomorrow. I can't wait to see it in person. Luckily they've been great about sending me pics.

Pool is 525 sqft and hot tub is right at 100 if I remember right. We will also have about 1000 sqft of patio when all is said and done. Really looking forward to seeing the selections come together. Next week we need to go see some pools to look at the specific plasters we like. We have wet edge satin matrix in our contract so will likely end up with the midnight sea if I can't talk my wife into adding glass beads.

Pool builder was there watering for me and sent me this picture. Looks like we have our first visitor. Atleast it wasn't a poisonous one and it wasn't my 4 year old that found it.

2df4ba3b9c2f321ad1edded34340cd58.jpg

I bet it was the Taylor K2005.........I HOPE it is the K2006. If it is not the 2006 I can tell you what test you can get to fill in the missing piece.

Hi there little snake.........time for you to move on!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey if they just vacuum it then you are good. Now if they test and adjust the PH That would be awesome as that is going to rise fast and often in the beginning.

Now you have a task. PLEASE print out and have them look at this:

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

As you can see it will take more than once a week care to follow this BUT they hold the warranty card SO they need to be on board with it before you do it. Most PB are not used to PO that know what they are doing but if you explain you have TFP in your back pocket he might be good with you following the start up.

No new movement today, but the plumbing guys are supposed to be here in the morning. I'm assuming that means we'll get electric tomorrow as well and hopefully equipment soon after.

I guess at some point this week, my wife and I need to go look at pool finishes in person to decide which Wet Edge product we want. I think we have it narrowed down to Midnight Sea and Northshore Tahoe Satin Matrix or Deep Sea Blue and Twilight if we go Prism Matrix. Any thoughts on those?

Finally had time to get on a computer and pull pictures from the camera.....here is the pool after the gunite was sprayed

I know it's hard to see, but there are some plastic pipes being laid around the pool today, so we're getting plumbing and hopefully electric by the time I get home tonight.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.