Intelliflow inlet height

gary300

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 15, 2014
Riverside California
Hello all. I am considering changing my Maxi Glass 2 pump to a Pentair Intelliflow VS pump. Is the height from the ground to the middle of the inlet port on the VS pump the same as the Maxi Glass? I don't know if there is any kind of standard for this dimension or not. I only have about 4" of pipe from a 3 way valve to the inlet of the Maxi Glass, so not a lot of room if the height is not similar.

Thanks!

Last edited:
It's an interesting question I don't recall seeing before although I'm sure it's been asked. I'm really in doubt about a standard height for sure, but that would be a good idea. Hopefully the new pump centerline will be lower so you could just shim up to the correct height. Modding that plumbing wouldn't be much fun.

It should be the same as a Whisperflo, which looks to be 8.25" from ground to the center of the inlet. Also, the above drawing should be to scale, so you should be able to get any measurement based on a single reference measurement.

You could use a paver stone to sit the pump on and raise it to the correct height.

Thanks for the info, guys. This is getting out of my comfort zone, so I am having a pro come in tomorrow to do it right. He is giving me $100 off labor if I do the electrical and data cable, which is more up my alley. He is charging 1300.00 complete which is the best price I could find in my area. Will also have a whole house surge protector put in due to the posts I have read here about sensitivity of power surges. I will also get a 3 year warantee instead of 60 days if a pro installs the pump. Looking forward to quiet operation and saving money on electricity. My 2 hp Maxiglass can really spin the electric meter!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.