No pressure from catridge filter

Jan 26, 2016
Wa
I recently changed the catridge filter I my ZX hurlcon filter and now it's reading zero pressure and creep crawly is not moving. The water is circulating fine and there is still quite a bit of suction from creepy crawly. Any idea why the gauge is reading no pressure. Cheers steve

Do you have your old cartridge? If so I would put it back in and see what happens. If no I would take the new one out and make sure you put in right. I would also look to make sure nothing came off the new filter that got caught in the gauge.

When you say the water is circulating fine what are you basing that on? Did you put your hand in the water in front of one of the returns?

How old is your gauge? Are you sure it still works?

Sorry for all of the questions. Trying to get a baseline to work from.

Kim

As borjis says you probably need a new gauge. But first take the old one off and inspect it. Remove any crud that may be blocking it. Blow into it and run it under some water and see if that changes things. Even if the cartridges are improperly installed you should be getting some presure reading.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.