Sever

Nov 22, 2015
Fontana, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Ok So heres where im at i signed contract with a company the did the design and engineering and are ready to start building the pool; but we are already not happy with their customer service seems like as soon as contract was signed the customer service went out the window. so was considering canceling the contract and building myself what would i need to do that are you guys signing up with those websites that claim to help or are you using this forum plz help.

I'm not sure what most have been doing but there have been quite a few OBs popping up here lately. More than I ever remember before. If you look around there a a few current threads in various stages.

Welcome to TFP, by the way and enjoy the forum.

Where are you in the process? Are you keeping the design or starting over? What makes you want to go the owner/builder route?

Keep in mind that although this site is very DIY friendly, the bulk of that pertains to pool care and basic maintenance mainly due to the huge misconceptions in the pool industry regarding water chemistry. There is no advocation for or against pool builders or the owner/builder route. That is a decision you will need to make.

i want to keep the builder confidential. but i am thinking of using the same design. my reasons for wanting to terminate them is the way they been treating us when we ask any questions just makes me wonder if its bad already and they havent even started what will it be when they do start

I went the owner builder route and I am in So Cal. Luckily for us, there is a huge swimming pool construction industry locally, with a huge amount of subcontractors to choose from. Take a look at my build thread for more info. My two cents, if you have the time to oversee the subs, and educate yourself on the order of the subs and what to look for during each step, you will end up with a higher quality finish for your pool for the same amount of $$. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.