Stenner wiring

gary300

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 15, 2014
Riverside California
Right now I have my Stenner (230 v) wired such that my filter pump relay outputs are tapped off and feed an Aux relay that the Stenner gets its power from in my Easy Touch so that my Stenner cannot run unless the filter pump is on. I am planning on getting a VS pump in the near future and wonder if there is any way to wire up my Stenner so that it cannot run unless the VS pump is running. The VS pump will be fed with a constant 230 V and be turned of and off via the Data Cable to the Easy Touch. I can not think up a way to do this, but mabe someone else has had this problem and found a solution. Thanks!

Instead of wiring the Stenner to an Aux relay, move it to the load side of the filter pump relay. The circuit breaker that powers the VS pump will have a wire from each pole to the line side of the filter pump relay, your heater and Stenner will be on the load side of the relay.

Even though the VS pump is constantly powered and controlled through the data cable, the filter pump relay still activates and deactivates during the Pool or Spa circuit. Manually pressing the filter relay turns your pump on.

You could even leave it wired as it is now and program the Stenner Aux relay for whatever time you need it during the Pool circuit. The Stenner relay can not activate unless the filter pump relay is activated, and if the filter pump relay is activated, the pump will be on.

I guess this was all to say that the filter pump relay still operates as intended even though the pump is constantly powered. The EasyTouch handles the communication.

I did not realize that the filter pump relay would be activated when the Easy Touch commanded the VS pump to activate through the data cable. Thanks for that info. So it looks like I can keep the Stenner wiring as is. I was hoping to gain a relay in my already crowded Easy Touch for some additional landscape lighting by going to the VS pump, but I would rather have the security of knowing the Stenner pump cannot be activated unless the pump is running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.