FC 10.5
CC 0
pH 7.6
TA 80
CH 240
CYA 40
Salt 4600
84F, CSI -0.31

The CYA surprised me. I've put 6.6 lbs (3 kg) in 11,500 g (43,500 Litres) so I was expecting 60 after a bit of overflow. I don't think there's any way I could have lost 1/3 of my water to the overflow. Maybe the CYA is getting stepped on!!

I had turned up the SWG for hot weather and lots of kids, and should have turned it down; lesson learned.

Comments most welcome and thanks again for the wealth of information here!!

Numbers look pretty good - obviously FC is just a little high but that will come down easy enough with some fine tuning of your SWG and a dose of hot weather- certainly better to be a little high than too low!!

Just wondering when you added your stabiliser- it can take around a week to register on your testing?

CH is a little low for a concrete pool so you'll be wanting to work that up.

Other than that-nothing to stop you from having a great Australia Day by the pool. :cheers:

Thanks for looking over my numbers, and Happy Birthday, Australia... Hip Hip Hooray!!

Good sleuthing re: stabilizer, but it was 6 weeks ago for the first 4.4 lbs (2 kg) and 2 weeks ago for 2.2 lbs (1 kg), so I remain mystified.

Fill water is 30-40 CH, so yep, I'll keep getting some as long as the rainstorms hold off (but more importantly even just for today!)

Glad the numbers look OK. They would not be if not for the amazing effort the experts here have put in. If you’re going by here today, there's more than a few coldies waiting for you!

To my new Aussie TFP mates, tis a day to ditch the rules, hit the frog and toad with the cheese ‘n kisses, and get the latest nails and screws from the rellies. Can’t wait to smash some cutlets and mystery bags, then muck around with the billy lids. Might have to catch a smash and grab to avoid the ducks and geese!

Good on yas all!!

Haha, yep re: cricket but watching more tenny these days!

K, I knew my volume (43,500 L) from the fill based on the water meter reading. Added 2 kg which calcs at 46 ppm and pool store said 60 ten days later. Hummed and hawed about adding something I can't get rid of, did a bunch of reading, convinced myself and added another kilo - so 69 ppm added. Pumped out ~7,000 litres during the rainstorm, plus some overflow. I pumped out in the morning before the normal pump run time, so that fresh water might be most of the drain water. Drain water had a bit more than half the TA, modestly lower pH and 1/3 the FC of the pool water, so I ended up with a rough volumetric estimate of 60 ppm. If the CYA diffuses better than the other chems, that might explain it.

With all that aside - a possible explanation is that you have got the pool store result (CYA is one test the pool store can be very inconsistent on) and backwashing. Testing for CYA also has a +/- testing error of up to 15 and can be tricky to get right for the novice tester.

So just going with your recent test from the K2006C for CYA is the best indicator.

Yep agreed on both (gibberish, haha, and using my own CYA reading). I tried letting the mixture stand for 2-3 minutes and didn't see any difference. My readings have been 40,40,40 so far with less than 1/8" (3 mm) of play either side of the 40 line.

I've been holding it at my waist as Duraleigh suggests, which helps with the reading. My wife says the neighbours will think I'm doing a wee, LOL.

I'll pick up a couple pounds of CYA tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.