Pool Drains During Freeze Protection - Any Ideas?

Harp

Jan 23, 2016
Frisco/TX
Hi All,
I'm in Texas and am relying on the freeze protection feature to prevent pipe freezing. It seems to be working by starting the pumps during cold weather. However, the each morning after a cold night, I've noticed that the pool water level has dropped several inches. When the weather is warm the level does not drop and haven't had any other issues. No standing water around equipment to indicate anything is leaking.

Any ideas here? I've done some searching, but haven't run across anyone reporting the specific problem.

Thanks!

It would be nice to know something about your pool.. Do you have any water features and what is controlling the freeze protection.

If the only thing that is happening is that the pump comes on, then your water loss is a puzzle to me. But, if you have water features controlled by automated valves, then I would suspect that you've got a leak on one of your water feature lines.

Jim R.

It would help us if you would add the following information to your signature

• The size of your pool in gallons
  • If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground)
  • If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass
  • The type filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge)
  • If you know, tell us the make and model of your pump and filter.
  • List any other equipment you have: SWG, second pump, etc.
  • Please mention if you fill the pool from a well or are currently on water restrictions

Information in your signature will show up each time you post. Signatures need to fit on five lines. It is fine to put several bits of information on the same line.

A couple of photos may help also.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.