Generating, right?

Hi Ed,
IMO, that's more bubbles than would be expected due to a SWG.
If you turn off the SWG, do the bubbles go away? If they do, then the bubbles are indication of SWG causing them.
If they do not go away with SWG off, then you have an air leak somewhere on the return side.

Well, I just turned off the SWG and the bubbles diminished markedly, but didn't completely go away (probably half of what it was), so it appears I'm generating AND have an air leak! Great. Is this a big deal, and if so, where do I start looking??

Ed

I didn't notice any water coming from the pump area, but it's hard to tell. I just cleaned the basket and there's water everywhere, and the control panel isn't right next to the pumps. It's a few feet away. I'll have my son check for leaks with me when he gets home from work later on today.

Stay tuned...

Ed

Are the bubbles something new?
Is there anything at all you have done to the return side plumbing recently?

One way to try and find above ground plumbing leak. While the pump is running, run a small stream of water with the water hose over the plumbing connections.
Water will be sucked into a fitting that has a leak in it.

Shaving cream (the spray foam type) is also good for finding small leaks.

Ok, we turned the pump off and on several times with no water leaks, so it's not coming from there. And the bubbles have been there for as long as I can remember, so I guess I shouldn't be too concerned. Everything seems to be working correctly, so I won't let it bother me.

Thanks guys
Ed

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.