cheap liquid chlorine!

Donna's Poolboy

LifeTime Supporter
May 29, 2007
Iowa
I just got back from The Great Escape and they're having an unadvertised liquid chlorine special: 4 gallons for $8.99. Yes, it's 12.5%...no, there isn't a limit on how many cases you can buy. The manager told me their stores in Chicago are in a price battle and are trying to undercut a competitor. He said the special may only run a week or so, but he wasn't sure.

Unfortunately, The Great Escape only has stores in Illinois, Indiana or Ohio.

Bill

I guess my $2.99 find ain't such a deal.... :x should've gone to TGE. That's okay, they are in a terrible location for me, very inconvenient.

Can't help but wonder if those are from last year. Gosh I am so distrustful of pool stores.... :oops:

I bought six cases of liquid chlorine that was supposes to be 10% from Home Depot. I doubt the stuff was even 3%. I used four cases before if finally dawned on me that all the trouble I was having keeping the chlorine level up was because the liquid chlorine was old. When I purchased the cases I noticed the boxes looked really old, but I didn't think about it affecting the solution strength. When I started using some fresh 6% chlorox my FC came up and stayed up just like it should.

I returned two case to HD and noticed they had raised the price of the remaining stock from $3.78/gal to $4.00/gal and had a sign reading "Special Spring Sale". I asked the clerk how long the chlorine had been in the store, but she didn't know. She had been working there three years and it was there when she started.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.