Pool Magic by Natural Chemistry

nupoolsoon

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 7, 2008
Our pool is not scheduled for opening until 5/5. This weekend, as well as most places in the US, will be receiving record heat this weekend.

We added 2-3 gallons of bleach last weekend to the pool since the CL level was "0". Brought the CL level to about 5-6. Will this prevent any possible alage growth b/f we open our pool in two weeks?

I do have the Natural Chemistry Pool Magic + Phos Free and was wondering if I can add that and then put the robot in the pool to circulate it for a few hours. Is there any chance of ruining the liner though once we take the robot cleaner out of the pool and the water stands idle?

Don't know exactly what the water temp is right now, but it has not been consistently warm here in lower NY State.

Thx for you help.

As for the FC, the only way to know if it's holding is to test daily and add more if it's not. Chances are if it was at zero, you could already be setting the stage for a bloom. Be sure to have a way circulate the water so the chlorine doesn't puddle.

Not sure about the other stuff you mentioned.

Pool magic + Phos free is just a combination of an enzyme (which can help keep a scumline from forming) and a phosphate remover (which will cloud your water and clog your filter, funny how no one ever mentions these effects when you use them!). The enzyme will digest some of the organics but then again so will shocking with chlorine. Also shocking will destroy any enzymes you add. Phosphate removers do no real good in the very very very vast majority of cases.

I think we should be ok. Water temp is only 50....CL is 4.5 and CC's are "0". I will be sure to just add more bleach on Sunday to bring the CL level up a bit more after the warm weekend. Thx.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.