O/B question about design drawings

Lets be clear the examples above are great and generally clear and precise. But they are examples of plans submitted in California. And by the way the examples above are actually incomplete, they don't include the California engineering supplement detailing structural elements of the pool.

I suspect that plans submitted in Georgia are significantly less detailed. California, Arizona and Nevada generally require more detailed plans and engineering than do other states.

Note that the second plan is by Pool Engineering, the Engineers referenced above. Its less detailed than the first plan. On the other hand the top plan has an unusual feature that should call out for more thought and detailed plans, the Gazebo is anchored into the bond beam of the pool. That is the kind of feature where detailed plans and an engineering evaluation are clearly called for and often skipped over. These plans recognize these is an issue there and attempt to address the issue.

So don't expect a pool builder or designer outside of those states to give you this detailed a plan.

Gwegan, you are completely correct. I only posted those to be used as examples of what may be needed. They were never intended to be considered as a complete submittal set.

The structural portions of the plans were left out because that is proprietary information and I don't think they (Pool Engineering) would appreciate their product put out to the public. None of the above plans were from Pool Engineering per se, they did provide the engineering, but the design and development of the plans was by another party.

I did my entire O/B with just one small paper sketch. No one asked for anything more than that. My county doesn't require drawings like the one above for houses, much less a simple pool.
Andy,
I think I could get away with that as well. I want more detailed plans because I think it leaves less room for interpretation. That being said here in Texas there can be a significant language barrier if you are not fluent in Spanish. So my thoughts are that the more details and pictures the better my odds of getting what I want the first time.

Andy,
I think I could get away with that as well. I want more detailed plans because I think it leaves less room for interpretation. That being said here in Texas there can be a significant language barrier if you are not fluent in Spanish. So my thoughts are that the more details and pictures the better my odds of getting what I want the first time.

I agree with this and found this to be the case. Engineering plans were not required in my situation, but I wanted the detail they would provide. I was able to use the plans when the subs first arrived to show exactly what I wanted, and all the subs went back to the plans several times (sometimes asking me for clarification or approval) as they worked.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.