Pool bench width - 12" or 18"

Jul 28, 2015
Frisco/TX
Our pool digging starts tomorrow AM and the crew is outside marking the area of the pool. Looking at the marked area for the pool, it seems like our pool may not be wide enough. I was asking the project manager and he said that we could do 12" wide bench. The bench runs along the length of the pool on one side.

What do you think? Stick with 18" or 12" will be OK? Attached is the design we are going with.

IMG_0539.jpg IMG_0084-1.jpg

Your attachment didn't show up. My vote is 18 inches, but I'm a bigger guy and that combined with the coping overhang not allowing you to sit tight to the wall, the extra room I think is necessary. Not an expert in this regard, just my opinion.

I think we are going to make the entire book wider by 16 or 18 inches. I think that will solve the problem ;)

I will find out tomorrow AM what it will cost us. I do like the idea of 16" as that would be good for the pool dimensions we have.

We ended up extending the pool width by 18" and kept the bench at 18 inches. The PB will change $900 - $1000 more and I think it is worth is.

Thank you all for your feedback. Otherwise, I would have gone with 12 inch bench and like all of you said, it would have been uncomfortable for adults to sit on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.