Jewelscapes, anyone?

mooveebuff

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 4, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Hello,

I'm currently in the middle of having my pool redone. I have pretty much decided to go with Stonescapes Aqua Blue with glass beads mixed in. Recently, I have taken a shine to one of the Jewelscapes colors, and I'm thinking about upgrading.

I was just curious if anyone here has this finish and what your thoughts are about it. Also (and I'm not looking for a dollar amount), does anyone know the price difference between Stonescapes and Jewelscapes? I've read anywhere from 20% more to 3x more(!). I'm going to ask my PB about it next time I talk to him, but if it's 3x as much, I won't even waste any more time thinking about it. Thanks in advance for any info! If you're more comfortable PMing instead of replying here, that's good too.

Thanks!

I have seen one pool in person with Jewelscapes and it was incredible. Pricing is going to vary, but I'd say that 3x the pebble price is a decent starting point for an idea.

Several people on here have added glass to their Stonescapes with very good results. I'd consider that, as a few bags of glass will not break the bank and can likely give you some of the effect.

The jewelscape glass finish is a real eye popper up close; so spa seats, Baja shelfs and and steps really stand out over plain mini pebble, to be sure. In deeper waters, however, not so much of a difference over their stock mini pebble.

I had my PB omit the tri color mini pebbles that are in the Tropics Blue formula and instead, mix in a 20% ratio of the jewelscape glass mix (light blue, dark blue and clear glass beads) and was really happy how it turned out. Much more depth to the finish (in shallow depths) than the standard Tropics Blue mini pebble formula and didn't cost an arm and a leg as would have been the case with a true 100% jewelscape color finish.

Thanks for the replies! I think that's what I'm going to do is stick with my initial plan of Aqua Blue with glass beads added. Maybe do a double pigment too so I get a little deeper color. I'm willing to pay more, but not if it's going to be THAT much more. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.