Colorsplash 3G Problem.

Jan 18, 2016
NAPLES
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and was hoping someone out there can offer me some insight into an issue I'm having. I just moved into a brand new home with a pool that has a Pentair Amerlite 100 watt Incandescent bulb in it. The bulb is marked 120v and I can't find any kind of transformer so I'm making the assumption that it's a 120v light (seems obvious to me, but I'm not an electrician). I purchased a Colorsplash 3G LED color bulb to replace the existing incandescent bulb. No issues actually getting the housing out of the water and opening it up, but after removing the incandescent bulb and screwing in the LED bulb, I turned the power back on, but the LED light will not light. At first I thought I had a bad bulb, so I screwed it into a normal house lamp and it worked perfectly. I put the incandescent bulb back in the light fixture and it worked. I'm stumped. What would make the LED not work in the pool light fixture but it does in a house lamp?

Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.