Here in Tucson, I cut my pump run times down to no more than 3hrs/day. I can even skip a day. My acid addition drop to maybe 12-16oz every 14days or so. My SWG stops running when the water temp is below 58F so I add bleach but very infrequently. My FC loss rate is 0.1-0.2ppm per day. I only have to manually vacuum when the wind blows stuff into the pool and it's too heavy for the suction cleaner to get it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

We often have sunny winter days in the high 60's to low 70's and maybe down to 40 over night sometimes, never freezing. I maintain the pool the same as I do in summer but reduce the pump run time by an hour. A little less vacuuming with presence to scooping some leaves out instead of getting the vacuum out. I probably should vacuum more.

in phoenix, water temp in the mid to high 50's during the day. I DID have on the auto-freeze protection thingy, but the pump would start priming at 3am and wake me up, so I just left in on at 10% speed from 10p to 5a when there was a real freeze threat.

But besides the freeze-concerning cold fronts: Running 80% for three hours a day for skimming/in-floor cleaning, and adding some bleach once a week. pH has been holding at 7.7.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.