Stenner help needed!

Nov 3, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I've had a Stenner pump about a year and other than having a ruptured tube about 6 months after my install, all has gone well. I noticed that my chlorine level in my pool was unusually low and checked my pump to make sure it was working. Unfortunately, it is not.

The pump runs but no fluid is being dispensed. I first unscrewed the fitting for the outlet tube at the pipe and no fluid came out. I then unscrewed it at the pump and still no fluid came out. I removed the strainer from my tank, cleaned it, and put it back in my tank after verifying that the tube was open from the tank to the pump.

I decided to take the whole assembly apart to clean it and make sure everything is working correctly. However, I cannot get the roller assembly off the shaft. I know it is suppose to be lubricated with Aqualube (or whatever it is called) but I did not have that when the tube ruptured. I have it now, but now I can't get the roller off. I have a spare roller assembly (bought when the tube ruptured) but I need to remove the old one first!

Similar to a problem I had earlier this year. Everything seemed to be working, but no chlorine was being dispensed. I replaced the pump tube and all is working fine. I got about 18 months out of the original tube, but no figure I'll just replace it yearly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.