Old pool hot tub never plumbed.... Please help.

427hvn

Jul 26, 2012
I am sure this will be in the wrong area..... I am needing a little advice. I have had a free form plaster salt water pool since 07-08... There is a hot tub attached but separate. We never finished the hot tub, and after my ex husband and I parted ways (he was the builder) I have zero idea on how to finish it. It is all stubbed out. The main thing I am wondering... I have a heater and blower for it. I really don't want to go to the expense of another sand filter and pump. Is it possible to ball valve lines and be able to use the same filter and pump as the pool currently uses? If this is possible, how would I set that up? I am terribly sick of looking at a hot tub that has never had any use. Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• 11406390_10205146449953194_5498766002845975831_o.jpg
    11406390_10205146449953194_5498766002845975831_o.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 96
Interesting problem. I bet someone will be able to help you BUT we are going to need a lot more pics. to see what you are dealing with. Use photo bucket or such to help load more pics.

I can't wait to see what it what with your problem.

Kim

I'm rather lost. Is the spa rough plumbed with jets and a drain? Do those lines run to the pad?

I would hire a pool service to come over and evaluate what you have and then report back on what they say and we an give you some options from there.

Kim,

Thanks so much. What would I need to add pictures of?

- - - Updated - - -

Gwegan~ The spa has been rough plumbed in with jets drain etc. I have the heater, and blower but not installed. The lines do run to the pad. I would assume I would just need to stub out and make my connections. What I was hoping to do to avoid additional cost was to find a way to use existing pump and filter from pool.

All you can get-----spa where it connects to the pool for different angles. Pool, spa, equipment so we can see how it is all laid out.

Take some then some more to make sure we have a clear picture of what you are dealing with. Add as much detail in words as you can.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.