Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi all,

I had my pool installed a few months ago and the equipment pad isn't level. Here's a picture, where you can see it dropping to a lower elevation towards the right side (when looking towards it):

IMG_3034_zpsposgvwm8.jpg

Is this something I should worry about? Or does it make no difference at all?

Thanks!

Was it installed that way or has the ground settled?

If it has settled, there is a chance that the plumbing could crack, although there is a good amount of flex in most plumbing set ups.

If thats the way it was installed, then there is no issue...call it good drainage....The Nature 2 is a bigger issue though.

Was it installed that way or has the ground settled?

If it has settled, there is a chance that the plumbing could crack, although there is a good amount of flex in most plumbing set ups.

If thats the way it was installed, then there is no issue...call it good drainage....The Nature 2 is a bigger issue though.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. That's the way it was installed. I realized it after the fact and actually saw a gap under that side of the pad so I filled it with dirt, but I guess it was already at a lower elevation by then.

Yeah, I'm aware of the Nature 2 issue, as many others on this forum warned me about it...but it was too late, as I didn't find this forum until after the contract was signed and the install was done. I told the builder's salesman I wanted a salt system and that is what he put - no options presented. I didn't run the Nature 2 though, as the pool was only running around a month last year due to a late construction. Now that I know about the issues with the Nature 2, my plan is to have a better component installed in the spring to replace the Nature 2.

I told the builder's salesman I wanted a salt system and that is what he put - no options presented.

If you told your salesman that you wanted a Chlorine generator from the start, you may have a case. There are SWCG options! I would tell him that you would be willing to overlook the ill-level pad if he were to install a SWCG for the difference between it and the Nature 2. I would accept "settling" of the pad after maybe a year, but definitely NOT before the equipment was even installed!

Do you have a Lawyer???

Can't tell for sure but it looks like a union on the output side of your pump.

If so, I would open that union and see if the pipes are out of alignment (I sauspect thy may be)

If so, I would insist that the pad(s) be brought back to level so there is no mis-alignment of ANY connection.

If you told your salesman that you wanted a Chlorine generator from the start, you may have a case. There are SWCG options! I would tell him that you would be willing to overlook the ill-level pad if he were to install a SWCG for the difference between it and the Nature 2. I would accept "settling" of the pad after maybe a year, but definitely NOT before the equipment was even installed!

Do you have a Lawyer???

Thanks for the response. I didn't say we wanted a Chlorine generator from the start. I said that I wanted a salt system, as my wife's skin is pretty sensitive to chlorine. I just took a look at the contract and the way it's worded is "sanitization system", so I unfortunately don't think I have any recourse in that regard. I guess it was a first time buyer's mistake on our part, to trust that the builder would select a good and appropriate system.

I think that I will get in touch with them regarding the pad though.

Since you're going to be talking to the builder about the pad, depending on how that goes you might see if there is an opportunity to bring up the Nature 2 and see if they might be receptive to making some sort of adjustment ?? Depends on if you feel comfortable installing a SWCG yourself or if you'd be having it done for you. They might be able give you a deal on swapping it out as they are able to sell yours to someone else so it's not like they'd eat it. That way you wouldn't be stuck with it either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.