Old Sta-Rite Sand Filter HRP-30 or HRPB-30?

Jan 13, 2016
Tulsa, OK
Can anyone help me figure out which model of this filter that I have? The sticker on the filter is too faded out to read.

I am in the process of rebuilding it after getting a new pump and some of the part #'s are the same and some are different.

The only think I can tell is that on my filter, it uses clamps and not unions where it attaches to the multi-port valve. I need to replace both of these because I'd like to use unions instead. A new valve with the hose connections is more expensive and I like the unions better. I can attach some pictures if necessary. I can't seem to find much information on these due to their age, so if someone remembers that would be a great help.

Thanks,
Brian

hrp filters have the big bolts that go around the perimeter of the filter tank halves, the clamps hold the push-pull back wash valve to the filter tank connections, at this point, your terminology appears incorrect when you try to describe things, so you should do as much as you possibly can to put me in your backyard and pics will do that, detailed pics of all of your concerns and future plans about your project, so when you point to a watch-a-ma-call-it, i will be able to see it as 3-way valve or whatever, details are everything, i have been a pool repair tech for over 25 years.

Thanks for the help.

Well I've decided that it's best to retire this old filter. It's been good over the year's but it's going to cost almost $500 to repair everything and that's too much. I really liked the amount of time that I could go between backwashes and the pool was really clean, except at night you could see "floaters" in the water if you got close to the light at night.

I've decided to get the Sta-Rite S7MD60 System:3 Modular D.E. SMD Series Pool Filter, 60 Square Feet, 60-120 GPM. I like the fact that it uses the same multi-port valve as this old Swim-Quip/Sta-Rite filter and I like that you can also backwash it. It seems a bit oversized but I'm looking forward to some nice clean water and long times between backwashes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.