Help with sealant for porous tumbled travertine

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to All,

After finding a way to get the calcium off my spa waterline stones, here is my next challenge. :eek:

After I sand off the calcium deposits from a porous tumbled travertine, are there any brands of water sealants [make/model] that you can apply to stone water-line tiles in a pool/spa that will prevent calcium penetration?

Maybe this will help:

Stone: Tumbled porous travertine, 6" sq's light brown color

Water type: chlorine based pool/spa

Application: 6" tumbled travertine stones where water line comes up 3" to middle of stone. Want a sealant that can be applied to all 6" of stone to prevent Calcium from penetrating stone.

Is there such a product that can do this? if so, could you pls forward the product and any experience [good or bad[ that you have encountered.

As always. thank you very much for your help & advice. :)

tstex

are there any brands of water sealants [make/model] that you can apply to stone water-line tiles in a pool/spa that will prevent calcium penetration?
I don't think so. Sealing the tile will make it easier to clean off perhaps but it will not eliminate the Calcium deposits.

Finding and apply a sealant to your waterline tile may end up being a big project. I think it may be easier to keep your pool numbers (CH, pH and TA) in line and just clean the tile more frequently.

Thanks Dura, I believe you will be correct. Maybe bc I am still at just less than one yr of a new pool, there is excessive leaching, so hopefully I'll can bring down the CH. It was originally filled the first time at the end of Jan 2015.

Thanks again, tstex

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.