Memphis area build

Aug 3, 2010
Germantown, TN
We are starting on a near total backyard makeover. To give a little history, the original fiberglass pool and decking was installed in 1984. We have decided to remove it and have a shotcrete pool installed. Prior to the pool demo we had a cedar post and beam patio covering built. I will include pictures of the progress so far and hope to post many more to document the process. The patio originally had an arbor made from treated pine that had been in placed for about 25 years. It lasted beyond it's expected time.

Attachments

• IMG_2072.jpg
    IMG_2072.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_2079.jpg
    IMG_2079.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_2098.jpg
    IMG_2098.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 210
A few more pictures.
b4dd29da760ac86b307e54e809ea1b17.jpg
faeade692404f092c833404226405a1c.jpg

Here is the completed result. Light fixture was hung today. The only thing left is s flagstone floor which will be done when the pool coping is done. I'll start posting pictures of the demolition process of the fiberglass pool, decking, and remaining patio.
f030fc2e1903a44fe3ba15e88b85a8b1.jpg
420ef55413c1a56e914fc12c70bede06.jpg
d240d227d5ad98165806a5b3df8b611f.jpg
850c89655ef1a26612d1e7d51d536a3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks JamieP. It's all cedar including the tongue and groove ceiling. It has a coat of oil based sealer on it. Basically a clear satin. I like the natural cedar color and didn't want to go darker with it. The light was installed today and I couldn't be more pleased. My wife chose it and I think it looks great. The ceiling really lights up and reflects the light back down to the floor.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Kimkats, they used a small track hoe, skid steer (Bobcat front end loader), and a few guys with sledge hammers. Loaded all in a dump truck. 7 or 8 dump truck loads of concrete hauled off. Appeared to average around 4"-6" thick. Also a 30" tall 50' long brick wall was removed. Glad to see my concrete jungle go away! Fortunately the concrete and bricks are taken to a local road construction company that will crush it to reuse as road bed material. No charge to dump the concrete there.

You cedar patio is absolutely amazing. Love the expose beams and ceiling. The light fixture really pulls it together. Will your contractor be installing decorative tie straps? It would really pull it all together. I used Simpson Strong tie decorative straps on my patio.

You cedar patio is absolutely amazing. Love the expose beams and ceiling. The light fixture really pulls it together. Will your contractor be installing decorative tie straps? It would really pull it all together. I used Simpson Strong tie decorative straps on my patio.

I echo azjoshers compliments! But as an aside, what are decorative tie straps?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.