Water coming out of Venturi

Jan 12, 2016
Tx
About six months ago my in ground spa stopped bubbling on its own. After reading online I used the trick of a vacuum to get it going. But, searching for a fix, I drained my spa and used the vacuum to clear my venturi pipe completely. After refilling the spa it worked fine, but after shutting it down and restarting it a few times water ended up back flushing out of the venturi pipe. Anyone have any idea what could be going on?

There is probably something stuck in one or more of the jet nozzles. Remove all the jet nozzles, that are deep within the spa wall, using a long socket wrench and run the pump without them installed. That should flush out whatever may be stuck in there.

Mas985, thanks for the reply. I didn't even know those nozzles were inside there. I removed them and flushed the system, which did get out some stuff. Unfortunately I was still having the same problem of the bubbler not working.

I dug around some more on the Internet and decided I would check and see if my impeller was clogged. When I pulled apart me pump, much to my surprise, I found that my diffuser was broken in two. I replaced it and now everything works great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.