Emptied Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabsaw

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 6, 2009
Anaheim, CA
Hello! I am a new pool owner. We have recently purchased a home (pre-forclosure, so no communication with previous owner) with a pebbletec pool. The pool kept turning green and shocking was doing nothing. After much debate, we emptied it.

The bottom drain is plugged (capped off) along with the side ports. The return to the pool comes directly from the pump, over the edge of the pool closest to the pump.
Remodelpics009.jpg

A really nice person at the pool supply place said that the lines were probably cracked, and this was the quickest fix.

After much research, I have discovered the following about our pool:
It was installed in 1962 with copper pipes (I am assuming this because I can see copper piping from one of the side ports).
It was recoated with the pebbletec more recently (within 5 years?).
It is not finished: the coping is not filled in between the cement and the brick coping.

I really need to get some quotes from pool companies to help us with the plumbing. Does anyone in SoCal know people in the business that can help us?
Thanks for any help...

Please do not start two identical threads in different topics. It will not get you any more replies and in the long run will only confuse everyone. I am going to lock this one and keep your original one open at
post90755.html#p90755
in case anyone wants to reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.