most durable method of resurfacing an in ground 20 x 40 fully tiled pool

EWS

Jan 12, 2016
Boca Raton
I have above described pool that is 21and 1/2 years old in original tile surface. I was originally told that tile is lifetime but now need to resurface due to leaks. a resurfacer was out today a that said Florida Gem by Florida Stucco is a much better pool surface than tile. It will outlive tile and remain in great condition.

Is this finish 'diamond bright' by another name? I'm looking for the most durable pool finish and will probably retile if that is what you say is best.

Thank you for you help,
EWS

I would LOVE to see a picture of your pool.

I don't know this for a fact BUT I have always heard that tile is the best, longest lasting surface for a pool.

Do you have someone to take the old tile out? THAT is going to be a BIG job!

Kim

Tile is the most durable of all pool finishes....it is also the most costly by a bunch, I think.

Like every pool surface, long term water chemistry plays a large part in the longevity.

I dont know of any surface that would outlast tile. That guy is full of it.
Unless there is a structural crack, you probably just need some re grouting.
If you hate the tile that is another thing. I demoed out a 80's all Mauve tile pool. Little dated on that color. But tile below water was in perfect shape.
I have a all tile spa, and large all tile shelves in my
I would get a second opinion on that one.

I think what many are wondering is how bad of an issue with the tiles did your leaks create? Do you have some damage pics you can share? We'd love to see them and then maybe we can get behind a resurface.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.