Intex pure spa pump

Jan 11, 2016
PA
Moderator note: Moved from this post. Intex Pure Spa buying replacement parts

How did you determine that you needed a new water pump? I think I may need a new one. Mine is exactly 1 year old (no warranty :( ) and I had it set up for awhile with no problems. Then I moved it and it sat for a few months before me setting it back up again. Well now I turn it on, and I get error E90 which means no water circulation. I took the filters completely off and there is no waterflow. I used a shop vac to suck water through the pump to try and encourage it to spin to no avail.

I turn it on and it sounds like the pump may be stuck... there is absolutely no water flow.

Can anyone offer how to determine if your pump is bad? Also, where can you get a new pump? And does anyone have any info on how to physically access the pump? I can't find it in the console I don't think.

Re: Index pure spa pump

I've been through three pumps, waiting on the fourth, in the first 9 months of this thing. Other than the cheap plastic impeller shaft in the water pump, it's great. First two times they sent me a new pump, last time and this current time (if it ever gets here, been waiting 4 weeks), they sent new base unit. I took all four (including original) pump apart and found the broken shaft. I measured it, found a 1/8" brass rod, cut it to length (2 7/8 inches), installed it and it works!
Well, the pump works. The newer base unit has decided to trip its breaker every time I turn it on. The original base unit came on, water was pumping (yay!) but then gave an error code 95, which is confusing. The water is cold, the display even shows 48 degrees, but that code is supposed to mean it's too hot.
Uggh.
Bottom line, the pump is in the base unit, three screws. Follow the two hoses that screw into the tub to the black pump. Open it up by removing the five screws, and you'll likely find a broken shaft. Acquire a 1/8" brass rod (nothing ferrous, the pump is magnetic - very strong at that) and give it a try if you feel as inclined as I did. Like I said, it's pumping water now at least, about to go out and see if I can figure out the other issues now.
Standard disclaimer, try at own risk, I'm not a professional, just a frustrated Intex customer, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I may now add, I switched the temp sensor from new base unit into old base unit, and is now working, wife extremely happy, or at least will be tomorrow... If it keeps working and heats up

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I've been through three pumps, waiting on the fourth, in the first 9 months of this thing. Other than the cheap plastic impeller shaft in the water pump, it's great. First two times they sent me a new pump, last time and this current time (if it ever gets here, been waiting 4 weeks), they sent new base unit. I took all four (including original) pump apart and found the broken shaft. I measured it, found a 1/8" brass rod, cut it to length (2 7/8 inches), installed it and it works!
Well, the pump works. The newer base unit has decided to trip its breaker every time I turn it on. The original base unit came on, water was pumping (yay!) but then gave an error code 95, which is confusing. The water is cold, the display even shows 48 degrees, but that code is supposed to mean it's too hot.
Uggh.
Bottom line, the pump is in the base unit, three screws. Follow the two hoses that screw into the tub to the black pump. Open it up by removing the five screws, and you'll likely find a broken shaft. Acquire a 1/8" brass rod (nothing ferrous, the pump is magnetic - very strong at that) and give it a try if you feel as inclined as I did. Like I said, it's pumping water now at least, about to go out and see if I can figure out the other issues now.
Standard disclaimer, try at own risk, I'm not a professional, just a frustrated Intex customer, etc.

Is it possibe it's 2 7/16 inches? I cut to 2 7/8 or 2 14/16 and it was too long to fit in the pump.

Last edited:

Update, I found a broken piece in the bottom boot...under the magnetic piece so that's why the pump wouldn't close. 2 7/8" seems to fit perfectly. Thanks Sol92258, it's filling right now and assuming there aren't any sensor issues I should have my hot tub back and running again. The lady will be happy!

Uggh.

Do you still have the impeller from the other pumps 403Ms ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.