New Skimmers - wrapping the skimmer in a bag then pouring concrete

Live4Color

Sep 3, 2014
Milton/ga
So I hired the remodel Pool Company and with the refurbishment I had two skimmers replaced. The contractor poured the concrete around paper bags which hugged the skimmers. Will this cause leaks in the future? The concrete subcontractor said initially they are put there on purpose to hold the cement in place while it hardens and will be removed before they add the hydraulic cement that keeps it from leaking. I did a little research and typically they use a mold to hold he concrete in place or a burlap bag (not a paper bag). Should I be concerned?

I would talk to the PB and tell him your concerns with back up of what you found to share with him.

I agree it is better to keep something "bad" from happening BEFORE it happened.

Let us know what happens.

Kim

For the life of me, I cannot grasp this. Do you have any progress pics? I cannot think of a single purpose for the bag nor why the PB would do it.

There is a reason for it........it is not something "left out" of the process but rather added to it......I just can't imagine why.

I would have a longer talk with PB until I understood the purpose.

He is pouring fresh concrete next to "old" and making sure the 2 separate pieces of concrete can "slide" back and forth microscopically......a very good idea.

Could he not explain that to you?

Anyway, I see why now and it makes sense to me and I would trust him.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.