Suction side port for cleaner not enough pressure

Jul 24, 2015
Cerritos/ca
I recently added a side suction line. I can't get enough suction to power my new pentair warrior from the side port. When I hook it up to the skimmer it's more than enough suction and have to turn it down.

I have the side suction valve opened 100% but it's not enough suction. Am I missing something or is my pool plumbing not plummed correctly? I do get suction but it's weak even when valve is opened full at pump.

Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Picture link above. Pool pump is connected to the right of valve and the way I have it in pic both the skimmer (pipe below valve) and side suction (pipe to left of valve) are both open 100%

Please help

The valve doesn't allow me to move in that direction which would be downward correct?. It only lets me cut off the side Suction (left pipe) or up which keeps both skimmer and side suction open completely or right which is the pull pump. Can the screws be removed on this valve to change the direction it allows me to close off? Thanks for you reply

EDIT: I had to cut the handle of the valve to allow me to turn the valve to choke on the skimmer and that worked.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.