Your plans for your pool next season.

PAGirl

TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2012
Central PA
Winter has finally made an appearance here in PA. Yesterday was so nice out I was wandering around the yard dreaming about what I want to do to finish our pool area. Our deck was completed in August, so that left little time (or money) for the finishing touches. Here is where we ended:

We had put caps and solar lights on the posts after I took this picture.
We need to run an electric line, stain the deck, construct a sidewalk, likely from pavers, and we'd like to get a gazebo that will sit nearby, where our old pool was located. I also want to shorten the posts and install two copper lights I had bought.
Home Decorators Collection Essen 1-Light Antique Copper Outdoor Wall Lantern-HBWI9002S86A - The Home Depot
I plan to put rope lights under the railings. I had the forethought to buy the clips during the Christmas season.
Maybe, if the budget allows, I would like to make a paver patio to the right of the steps and put a fire pit, etc.

one of my favorite pastimes...dreaming up ideas for the pool!

This is not my pool but this is a similar plan for spring. new deck 26' x 28' attached to the house out to the pool then walkway all around.

d79dd805-5af6-407a-bffb-d24c1a346289.jpg

followed by a little wishing for these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_7&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A24Y2PW1QCXD8P

http://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Monte..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=0PTEMB9ABJHF6BFPXJGQ

http://www.amazon.com/Keter-All-wea...&qid=1452488856&sr=1-3&keywords=wicker+chaise

Attachments

• 02bb9b89-d39a-456e-aeb5-07280efa9a28.jpg
    02bb9b89-d39a-456e-aeb5-07280efa9a28.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 236
My husband was never a big pool person. But after we got a bigger pool, he likes it. He proclaimed we were going to have more pool parties this summer. I was surprised he was even thinking about it. He is more of a car guy.

Where all of his extra money is going:

It will mostlY be a show car, but he wants to try it on the dragstrip, too. Should be done by early summer. He's done a little at a time. Though, because he started it 4 or 5 years ago, he's already changed the wheels and seats, lol.
The car in the back belongs to his step-sister's husband, who also happens to be his best friend. It's called The Spunky Monkey, and apparently it was the first fiberglass bodied drag car. To bad the engine blew the second time he took it down the strip. Sounds expensive to fix. It's got a blower and everything!

I will be leveling out the yard for my new Intex 26 ft ultra frame. Then of course putting the pool up. I'd like to then build some kind of deck around it. I can't wait.

I was amazed at how large the 26' Intex is when you are in it! I was nervous about getting one that big, our old one was 18'. The link to my build/set up is in my signature.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Winter arrived full force! A view of the pool from my living room window.
Our old pool was in the area in front of the fence and trees. The big tree you can just see in the upper right corner provided too much shade and many line needles. Water was much warmer in the new spot. The sidewalk will go from the steps of the pool deck to between the fence opening, to the old pool area, where, hopefully, there will be a pavilion or gazebo.

Thanks PAGirl
I look forward to reading about your build. My wife is also concerned that it will be too big. For the last two seasons we have had an 18' as well. It sure looks cold by you. It is expected to be in the 60's on Thursday in Oklahoma. We are originally from Wisconsin which makes me all the more happy for the nice weather

November was still nice around here..so we moved up one of our spring poolside projects and went ahead and replaced and re did the little pavered area by the pool. The house came with it,,but with the years.. the ants destroyed it and it was a big uneven mess.. so we got rid of the old pavers and got ones we loved.. The only thing I am thinking of buying this year for the pool.. is getting solar rings. I am tired of fighting with the solar blanket and all the birds that come poop on it..so I am constantly cleaning it as well.. An outdoor kitchen seems to be what we have our sights on this year.. we decided to push back the hot tub idea.. During these colds months I mostly scour the internet for awesome pool pictures and ideas!

I'll be pressure washing and staining my backyard cedar fence...it has plenty of years left but looks ugly and gray right now.

Also re-painting the pool deck (concrete) the epoxy paint the previous owner applied worked well but time for a new coating.

I'll be pressure washing and staining my backyard cedar fence...it has plenty of years left but looks ugly and gray right now.

Also re-painting the pool deck (concrete) the epoxy paint the previous owner applied worked well but time for a new coating.

I pressure washed our deck that's attached to the house last summer. I was surprised how much of a difference it made. The wood was dark with age and mossy type stuff. It almost looked brand new when I was done! I was a bit OCD about getting it done correctly, but then our friend need their pressure washer back, so there are a few missed spots underneath.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.