brown stain in chlorine feeder

Hello...

Our pool is only 1.5 yrs old and we have brown stains in the chlorine feeder. It's obviously a chlorine pool, with Ozone filter and UV light. The stain rubs off with some force, but not fully (see pic, you can see where i rubbed some off with my finger). Chemicals seems to be in balance for most part, though always having to raise alkalinity. Any thoughts or suggestions on what's causing this? We now have a stain around our hot tub tiles at the water line, which believe is related. Presume it's not normal, but it's our first pool so not entirely sure. Appreciate any thoughts, thanks!

Attachments

• 20160110_141243.jpg
    20160110_141243.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 20
A few things:
If you could please add a signature with the specifics of your pool it may help us in helping you.

Next, read all you can on the site about the recommended methods used here. Pool School - Pool School

You'll need a good test kit: TFTestkits.net and then a complete set of reading, including FC, PH, TA, CYA (which may be very high due to the pucks).

My first guess might be a bit of iron in your water, the concentrated amount of chlorine in the feeder may bring it out. But I'm no expert.

And lastly: Welcome to the forum!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.