New O/B Las Vegas needs help lol

The problem with your light on the step is not that it can't be done its that some inspectors think it can't be done and it is difficult to do.

NEC 680.23 (B)(6) requires that all lights have to be serviceable from the deck. If you read it closely you can get into the pool to get the light fixture but you have to be able to service the fixture without getting in the pool. Some inspectors don't see it that way. More importantly, it means you have to use a niche and fixture that will allow you to wrap enough cord around the fixture so that you will have sufficient cord so the fixture can be retrieved from the niche and placed on the deck.

Does that make sense?

Additionally. the location means that swimmers swimming up to the tanning ledge will be swimming directly into a light -- that is not a good thing.

Are you saying there will be a week between the dig and the gunite being shot? I worry about rain causing a cave in :( I know you do not live in FL but.........any way you can wait for it all until you can have it all done right after each other?

Kim

The problem with your light on the step is not that it can't be done its that some inspectors think it can't be done and it is difficult to do.

NEC 680.23 (B)(6) requires that all lights have to be serviceable from the deck. If you read it closely you can get into the pool to get the light fixture but you have to be able to service the fixture without getting in the pool. Some inspectors don't see it that way. More importantly, it means you have to use a niche and fixture that will allow you to wrap enough cord around the fixture so that you will have sufficient cord so the fixture can be retrieved from the niche and placed on the deck.

Does that make sense?

Additionally. the location means that swimmers swimming up to the tanning ledge will be swimming directly into a light -- that is not a good thing.

Ya makes total sense. I will get with electrician and see what he advises. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting more quotes in and they all have different products so scrambles brain

Yeah, I can definitely understand that. The irony of my comment is that I sent some bids to my plaster guy for him to match and just this morning he's come back offering me a wide range of products to choose from. So now I'm in the same boat! Stick with what I originally chose, or explore the exciting other options. Oh boy, here we go! :)

With your dry area you should be fine BUT I would invest in some good plastic sheeting to put on the side just in case. Better to have it and not need it than........

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

Now Brand I want you to go back a page and see where I locked you into a plaster! Are you asking for the key? I like what you picked so...........it will very hard for me to find the key! LOL

Kim

With your dry area you should be fine BUT I would invest in some good plastic sheeting to put on the side just in case. Better to have it and not need it than........

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

Now Brand I want you to go back a page and see where I locked you into a plaster! Are you asking for the key? I like what you picked so...........it will very hard for me to find the key! LOL

Kim

No we are doing pebble for sure. Just seems like every company has there own brand of pebble now

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Brand, Measure it! Make sure they painted it the correct size!

NOW is the time to make changes if you really want to! It is NOT too late. Yeah it will cost you extra BUT do it NOW to make sure you are happy! (says the person NOT opening her wallet! LOL)

Kim

Brand, Measure it! Make sure they painted it the correct size!

NOW is the time to make changes if you really want to! It is NOT too late. Yeah it will cost you extra BUT do it NOW to make sure you are happy! (says the person NOT opening her wallet! LOL)

Kim

Ya went and measured it and they are super close on all measurements. Guy laughed said everyone thinks it always small till hole is dug. He said can make bigger if want it is 37 feet long 16-7 in middle wide and just me and wife. It will be fine. New pool panic already setting in. We will prob only use wet deck hahah. Pretty big I still need Harley money lol

Just a bit of a relax here for everyone. In the far west there is a normal lag between excavation and gunite. Usually about a week. In major areas gunite crews are busy and take time to schedule. Also building inspectors need to check all of the rough plumbing, rebar and rough electrical (including shell bonding) so all that work must be done prior to gunite. Many local entities outside of the west do not have these strict requirements. But in the west about a week or even two weeks between excavation and gunite is normal.

Additionally, as I have said before its good to measure your pool when its in rebar. Now is the time to make changes. But remember it is not going to look right. There will be as much as two inches of gunite over the rebar so the inside pool wall is at least two inches inside the rebar. The normal water level will be halfway up the skimmer. About an inch or so maybe more below the top of the rebar cage. Freeform pools will not be exact.

And remember, when a new crew starts in the morning you need to go out and talk to them, have them explain in short form what they are doing that day and how they are going to do it. You should come back and check on them during the day. If there is something you don't like say something. Be polite. If they can't solve your problem be polite and call your PB or the foreman in charge of your job.

Many pool plans are less that the best examples of clarity so sometimes discussion is necessary to flesh out your intent. Remember pool crews are like armies, they build what they are trained to build - If you have differences or something unusual you need to politely bring it to their attention. Its not unusual to see a crew spend the whole day at your pool and never look at the plans. Then again some crews are holding a drawing in one hand the whole time they are working. Don't rely on an inspector, he is looking for conformance to code, not necessarily conformance to plans.

So far I want to say impressed to a point with excavation crew. Guy was in the prints on and off all day. Actually coming to me a few times to double check that is what I wanted. Super happy with communication. Sad part is looked liked they worked all day and all I got is a bunch of dirt tilled up lol. I'm sure method to what they are doing I just hoped pool hole would be done and poof on to the next haha. They did a lot of digging and grading and we have a set price besides hitting caliche. So I feel they are doing what they are supposed to be doing.

63a2e855b4766d07a4dfa3af4ddd65d3.jpg
c0564eb22a9d09481fb04adc15b71531.jpg

BRAND!!!!!!! Where would you put more pool???????????? DUDE that thing is HUGE and there is not any place else to really add to the size!

Back away from the digger in the yard! SLOWLY so the eye in the sky cannot see you are you climbing out of the seat!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.