desert air system

Oct 29, 2015
geneseo,il
HELP; Building is up and getting ready to dig pool. Sounds crazy, but this way was able to work thru winter months. Building is 36'x60' with 18'x44'x4' pool. Will have bathroom, shower and mechanical room inside. South and East side are all 5'x6' windows and French doors. Ceiling will be stained and sealed car siding. Please see pictures. Was told by pool builder that I needed a Desert Air System to control humidity. It is sounding very intensive and extremely expensive. I am an amputee and wanted a pool to swim and work out in year around located in the Midwest. What have others done.

Tim5055 is correct. Essentially you will want a 4-coil dehumidifier system if it is a fully enclosed room. An indoor pool room is more complicated (and more expensive). It is not just a room that happens to contain a pool.

pool was finished 06/16 in time for father's day. it has been one year and only chemical i have had to add has been muriatic acid. Desert Aire system works almost to well. Keeps humidity down around 20%. We keep pool at 88* and room at 82*. This is a salt water pool with salt generator. covered when not in use.will try to post pictures of finished project.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.