Need some help on hot tub cost to heat with gas

jurmanji

Sep 14, 2015
Los Angeles
I have an inground hot tub approx 500 gallons that is heated by a gas 400,000 Heat pump located in Los Angeles.

Can someone give me a vague idea of how much it should cost to heat?

We only used in 5-6 times in the last month and our bill was almost $200. Without the spa usually our gas bill is around $12 and has never been more than $36.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

I'm kind of confused a gas heater and a heat pump are two different devices. Can you give us some exact model numbers and/or photos of your equipment please.

That sounds a bit excessive to me but we'd need to know some more information - how long were you in the spa each time you used it and what was the temperature of the water BEFORE you started the spa heater up? Also, what are your utility rates for natural gas (I'm assuming your heater is hooked up to municipal NG as opposed to a liquid propane tank)? Typically rates are posted as $/THERM.

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

I'm kind of confused a gas heater and a heat pump are two different devices. Can you give us some exact model numbers and/or photos of your equipment please.

thanks!

Hayward H400FD 400,000 for the heater
Pumo is Hayward ecostar sp3400vsp

municipal gas socal gas co.

Any help is much appreciated.

Water was starting at about 65 for most days and we were in for just 1-1 1/2 hours.

Also, oddly the temp of the spa seemed to hold somewhat overnight. It was still in the mid-high 70's the next morning (I definitely turned everything off)

Could there be an issue that is causing this?

Again thank you!

Can you get your actual rate off of a recent bill? They can vary by region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.