Help Yellow Water

Jul 22, 2015
Poway, CA
Hi,

So my pool water just had RO completed. Water was balance perfect with stabilizer added. Now we had a huge rain storm in San Diego area and my water is yellow from the soil runoff. What do I do to get back?

Thanks for the help!

Unfortunately a whole lot of filtering, brushing and patience. Letting it settle then a very slow vacuum may help hasten the process.

Is it cloudy yellow or is it clear yellow? I assume its just dirty and not that iron or something else was introduced, but others can help if that is anticipated. Good luck.

Unfortunately a whole lot of filtering, brushing and patience. Letting it settle then a very slow vacuum may help hasten the process.

Is it cloudy yellow or is it clear yellow? I assume its just dirty and not that iron or something else was introduced, but others can help if that is anticipated. Good luck.

Good news there is no dirt. Just clear yellow water like urine.

Got a pic? I doubt that is from soil runoff. Assuming it's not, test results are needed.

So my water was crystal clear and balance yesterday until last nights major storm which we had over 2 inches or rain and we live on hill so water goes from one neighbor to the next.

Numbers:

FC 2.5, I going to add 2 quarts of liquid chlorine.
CC .5
TC 3
CH 425
TA 110
CYA 40
PH 7.8, I going to add 2 cups

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• IMG_4092.jpg
    IMG_4092.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 35
Sounds like a plan. Could be runoff (it would be awful to discover the upstream neighbor just applied Iron Sulfate to his roses!) or there could already be Iron in the water and the aeration from the rain raised pH enough to cause it to precipitate. Adjust pH, raise FC, and run the filter and see what happens.

Sounds like a plan. Could be runoff (it would be awful to discover the upstream neighbor just applied Iron Sulfate to his roses!) or there could already be Iron in the water and the aeration from the rain raised pH enough to cause it to precipitate. Adjust pH, raise FC, and run the filter and see what happens.

Lower or raise PH?

Thanks for your input! The pool was perfect with no metals and completed the RO prior.

Very frustrating!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.