RE: liquid chlorine tank/pump installer in dallas-ft worth area

Re: liquid chlorine tank/pump installer in dallas-ft worth area

You might see if one of the service people who put automation systems in will do it. Be prepared for them to tell you all sorts of bad things about using liquid chlorine however.

Not sure of your DIY skills but you can purchase a Stenner pump with tank and all you need to do is drill and tap a hole for injection. It really is that simple! There are plenty of forum members including myself who have installed a Stenner and can help you with it. If I am not mistaken there is a guy in Dallas area who did it within this past year.

I bought an electric timer at Lowes for outdoor use. I manually set it using the start/stop inserts. I typically set it to start an hour after the circulation pump starts and make sure it is off before the pump stops. Works great.

If you get a fixed rate pump I would suggest a digital timer since run time is your easiest dosing adjustment option and a few minutes one way or the other can make a big difference over a period of days. If you have an adjustable rate pump probably does not matter so much, but I have heard the adjustables make a bit more noise.

Also I noticed you have iAquaLink if the control panel you have has an unused AUX relay you can connect the Stenner pump to that and assign runtime through the system, If it is like my system you can even go as far as programing the system so that the filter pump must be on for the Stenner relay to activate.

If you have an unused AUX relay then yes the iAquaLink can control the pump either scheduled and/or manual on/off from the web control. Open your control panel at your equipment pad and take a look inside you will have 4 or 8 relays depending on what system you have, if any of them are empty (no power wires other than the small red and black coil wires the make the relay work) then you should be able to connect the pump to the panel. You want the relay to be connected to a GFCI circuit either a breaker or the output of a GFCI outlet, then out to the pump. If you are not comfortable with electrical tasks like installing breakers or outlets in outdoor locations I would hire it done. It would be a small job for any electrician or pool service company. I would go with the pool service if you can find one willing, they will be familiar with the relays and how to program the panel so that when the Stenner is on the filter pump is on. As was said above be prepared for them to try to talk you out of it usually in an attempt to sell you whatever system they use.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.