Troublesome kitty

Jun 10, 2013
Bumpass, Virginia
Had an abandoned kitten take up residence at my house a couple weeks ago and noticed a few days ago that it has been pooping on my mesh pool cover! :brickwall:: I had it pulled taunt above the water so my husband could blow the leaves off throughout the fall. So, I went around the pool and let the slack down into the water hoping that when he tries to step on the cover that he'll be in the water and get off the cover. Well, no such luck, now he goes around the top rail and turns his hiney inward and poops over the edge!! :evil::evil: Only, now it rolls down into the water.

I'm not exactly sure of how I can get him to stop, so I'm here asking the professionals who have dealt with every imaginable scenerio! :D I don't want to get rid of the kitten but if I don't find a solution soon, well.....:stirpot::sad:....he'll have to go. Here's a picture of my pool. You can see a partial deck which is where he's getting on the pool.

pool1.jpg

Well I have to say that IS a new one! Maybe he wants to be potty trained!

For now can you put up something to keep him from getting to the edge of the pool? I am thinking some cheap fence like you would put around a flower bed???????? My hope is to "train" him out of this habit (ewwwwwww for sure).

Next would be a motion activated sprinkler on the deck......kitty gets on deck to ewww and he gets wet.

Next would be send him to me! LOL

Kim

Mr. Cat just needs some training. The water hose usually cures them with just a couple of soaks.

You'll have to be vigilant and quick if you do it manually.

Kim's idea is great, too, let's all send her a cat!! :laughblue::laughblue:

LOL What is one more??????? Tell your kitties they get to pick where they hang out:

-Barn-there is a loft with heated beds
-Screen porch with heated beds
-Inside on the heated King size bed (so there will be room for us!)

Kim

Place strips of double-stick tape all around the top ledge of the pool. Cats HATE stepping on anything sticky. Leave it long enough to "train" him into a different habit. This works for keeping them off counters or tables as well!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Place strips of double-stick tape all around the top ledge of the pool. Cats HATE stepping on anything sticky. Leave it long enough to "train" him into a different habit. This works for keeping them off counters or tables as well!

Oh I like this idea.

Also........you know those carpet runners with the sharp things on the bottom to hold it in place? Buy some of that and turn it ouchy side up around the pool on the deck.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.