New Owner Build pool Fort Worth area.

Jan 6, 2016
Fort Worth
Hi Everyone-this is my first post...just found this awesome forum! We are planning to start an owner build pool probably next month (YIKES!)Just starting to plan. We have our design completed by Chris at iconic Design who did great and I'm very excited about it. Just getting a little nervous about starting such a big project and locating all the subs. We acted as the general contractor (with a consultant) to build our own house, but I know way more about home construction, than pool construction. Can you all look at the plan and offer any suggestions for ways to save money? We want a salt water pool. Our access for equipment/concrete is very limited because our driveway is 200 feet long with a bridge that concrete trucks can't go over (weight). Any insight/advice is appreciated!

Attachments

• Kessel_004.jpg
    Kessel_004.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 218
yeah give me your address so I can come help you break in that wonderful looking pool! LOL

Shoot us your list of equipment with model numbers and we will look that over.

I have some ideas about the bridge to keep it safe as well. I will get back with you on that.

Kim

Ooo, an in-pool table, nice!! I can easily imagine spending too much time there, LOL.

We had very narrow access on the side of the house -- 7 feet. Diggers brought in a very small bobcat and transported dirt roughly 150 feet to a dump truck at the end of the driveway. Took two days to excavate our pool, where the norm is 1 day. And other subcontractors used wheelbarrows to bring in gravel, stepping stones, etc. It can be done, but it isn't easy.

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool!

Maybe add another bench or two on this side. We have benches all over our pool, great for kids to rest and jump off and really great for adults to sit and sip chilly beverages.

If you want to start adding info to your signature there is more info here on adding your pool info to your signature, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Love Ft Worth. Lived on W side for 15 years before it got so built up.

Specific to your design, I would suggest either adding decking behind your deep end bench or moving the bench so that you have more room for ingress/egress, as your bench may occasionally double as a step.

Hi All! Thanks for all the welcomes and info! Apparently I don't know what I'm doing with forums since I didn't know till now I had replies! Pool has been moving good to this point, but the gunite guys are here and I don't know how tall to have them set the table? Maybe how much taller than the benches it should be? Also is there a way to set alerts so I know when I get replies? Thanks! You all are wonderful! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok here is the pic. It's about to our shoulders. Anything lower and it would be under the water. The girl on the right is sitting on the bench.
cfcc3bfe32048cb0fb583a0c54fc98f5.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.