SWG installation question

Blue114

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 25, 2012
Brisbane , Australia
Also posted this in pumps etc. by mistake.

Hi

I've installed a new Pentair FreeFlo SWG (Australia) replacing my Zodiac tri series (piece of junk)

I've installed it with no leaks etc and all working but looking at the manual I've realised that I've placed the cell housing the wrong way round.. It's opposite to the Zodiac. I have the cable end at the inlet pipe and it's supposed to be the cable end at the outlet end.

Do you think this will matter?

It all seems to be working properly . I can change it around but will be a pain getting the pipe out of the housing as it is direct glued.

Many Thanks
brad

Aren't there unions in each side of the cell? Flipping it should be an easy switch.

The direction absolutely matters due to the flow switch. Odd that yours is working. I'm not familiar with your model SWG but I'll look into it. Can you post a picture?

The owner's manual made little mention of the correct orientation. If yours is working then there must not be a flow switch and flow is determined my another means.

Either way, I'd like to see it oriented as intended. From your photo, it looks as if you have plenty of room in the plumbing to flip it. If not, it is fairly easy to remove a glued coupling. There are several tutorials on YouTube. I've used a grinder and a heat gun and have had nothing but success doing it up to this point.

Most pool plumbing allows for 2 sizes of pipe to be used. Since you used the internal socket, see if the next size up coupler will slip over the outside of the SWG connection. That would make this task very easy.

The manual states 40mm pipe is accepted inside and 50mm to the outside. That is probably your best bet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.