Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Goldline GL235 Solar Controler??

1. Back To Top    #1

Goldline GL235 Solar Controler??

I have ordered a GL235-GLC-2P-A controler for my solar assembly I am installing it comes as a pkg and includes a 3-port 2" x 2-1/2" valve can somone tell me which ports are which size? I am having a hard time finding 2-1/2" PVC bushings. I assume all of the ports will be threaded? It is supposed to be here on Monday and I want to have everything I am going to need to get started with the installation. I have contacted Hayward and have not heard back from them, I hope someone on here has one or something similiar.

Thanks
    Keith
    24' x 52" AG All Aluminum
    2hp 2speed 200sf Cartridge Filter
    Goldline AquaTrol
    4- 2x20 Sungrabber solar panels
    Goldline solar controler

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Goldline GL235 Solar Controler??

That valve has connections that fit either 2" or 2 1/2" PVC pipe using PVC cement. It is not threaded and you do not need any kind of adapter if you are using either 2" or 2 1/2" PVC pipe.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

So if I am using 1-1/2" pipe I can glue a 2" x 1-1/2" bushing in it and i will be good to go?
    24' x 52" AG All Aluminum
    2hp 2speed 200sf Cartridge Filter
    Goldline AquaTrol
    4- 2x20 Sungrabber solar panels
    Goldline solar controler

4. Back To Top    #4

No, you will need a short section of 2" pipe. The 2" pipe connects to the valve and then the reducing brushing connects to the 2" pipe and then 1 1/2" pipe connects to the reducer.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

A 2" to 1.5" bushing should be 2" port x 1.5" slip, which will fit straight into the valve just like straight pipe.