Design and Build Las Vegas (Henderson)

Jul 16, 2015
Henderson, NV
So because of procrastination its now 2016 and I have mountain to surmount to get my pool built by July. My plan is to design and contract the building of my pool and document as I go. I would like to document the design and planning process as much as I can. And do as much as humanly possible to keep the project moving and keep it under budget. I have a basic design in mind and contacted an engineer today about plan approval.

To begin I have a few questions.
  1. The basic plans for permitting seem pretty straight forward, what sort of format is required for contractors? Do I need to have a complete plumbing plan for the plumber? Or Electrician? Is this something that is drawn up once a contractor is selected?
  2. Chlorine or Salt?
  3. Pentair or Hayward?
  4. Does anyone have a contractor list they'd be willing to share?
  5. Anything you tried that you would definitely leave to a contractor?
  6. Any other tid bits of advice is greatly appreciated.

I will post a prelim plan as soon as its worth presenting.

Hi! What an exciting and nerve wrecking time for you! Thanks for letting us come along for the ride!

chlorine vs salt-salt IS chlorine. Here is a link for you:

Pool School - Salt Water Chlorine Generators

Pentair or Hayward-both are good. Some times if you go with a "package" they will extend the warranty.

Post everything here on this thread and we may be able to guide you along the way.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.