Running Intex 2800 GPH Sand Filter with Intex SWG timing question

Jan 2, 2016
Milton, Ontario
Since it is cold and snowing in Ontario I figured I would get my research done before setting up my new Intex pool this coming summer. Here is what I am working with.

Intex 16x42 Easy Set Pool
Intex Krystal Clear 2800 GPH Sand Filter Pump
Intex Krystal Clear SWG

My question is given that you have to time your sand filter to run for so long and your SWG to run for so long what do you do if those times are off. Say the SWG says run for 4 hours and the sand filter says run for 2 hours daily how to I continue to run the SWG with the sand filter off?

This may be a silly question to some but please remember I'm new at this stuff.

Thanks for your help.

Oh my. This one slipped through the cracks didn't it? Thanks for re-posting. Typically, the pump run time is monitored to ensure the SWG operates long enough to produce the required amount of FC. Your SWG may also have a percentage output which may help if you want to lower (or extend) pump run times. Here's a couple more pages that may help:
Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs
Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time

Sorry for the delay RD. Let us know if you still have questions.

Thanks for that! My biggest worry is connecting it all. I have everything in my basement ready to be taken out of boxes for this summer. I'm worried that because the saltwater pump wasn't made around the same time as the sand filter there might be connectivity issues. The other worry I have is the small pool drains in the easy set. I'd love to cut them but it scares the S%&* out of me.

No worries on hooking it all up, Intex makes that pretty easy. You will definitely need to set your pump/filter to start running before your SWG starts and make sure it runs longer. I always set my Intex pump to run an hour longer than the SWG. I would have it start 30 min before the SWG and that way it would end 30 min after.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.