Liquid Chlorine

Probably. Chlorine, bleach, "shock", and "sani-chlor" are all just sodium hypochlorite. It's all the same thing just at different strengths in different shiny packages. Look at the active ingredient on the box/jug.

I like the concept of using refillable containers. I know store bleach can be cheaper but I got sick of the large, numerous containers. I wish a store by me did this. I don't mind the extra cost of pool store bleach b/c of the convenience and higher concentration.

That is another reason I was willing to get our new pool.......A Ace Hardware was built that is very easy for me to get to for my chlorine. I get four 2.5 gal refillable jugs at a time. Summer time they last me 12 days. Winter=lasting forever! LOL

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok, thanks...I buy 10% liquid chlorine at Home Depot for about $4.75/gallon.

By the way, if you get a Home Depot credit card, you will get 5% off of anything you buy there. All you have to do is use your credit card and remember to ask for the 5%; otherwise, they sometimes won't give you the discount. You will get the 5% discount right then and there.

Make sure to check the date codes on Lowes and Home Depot as they do not always have a high turn over.

We had one member buy enough chlorine for a SLAM. That is a LOT of chlorine..........when she added it and tested nothing happened! It was like she had not added anything to her pool. We had her check the date code............the chlorine was over 2 YEARS old! It had degraded so much that it was back to "water"! They gave her her money back. She went to Walmart and got the store brand 8.25% and got her pool clear.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.